Title: Assistant Professor (School of Computing)
Job Category: Faculty
School of Computing
College: College of Engineering
Position Summary: Southern
Illinois University Carbondale invites those with potential for excellence in research and teaching to submit an application for
consideration as an Assistant Professor in the School of Computing. This is a 9-month, continuing, tenure-track appointment starting August
16, 2021. We are particulary looking for those who specialize in Data Mining, Text Mining, Big Data Analytics, and Big Data
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach courses at both the graduate and undergraduate levels
in computer science.
- Conduct high quality research and direct graduate student research in computer science.
- Participate in
service activities that support the school’s mission of teaching, research, and service.
- Ph.D. in computer science or related field. ABD applicants will be considered if all doctoral degree requirements will
be completed by August 15, 2021. If all degree requirements are not completed by that date, a term, non-tenure track appointment may be
offered in accordance with University policy (https://policies.siu.edu/personnel-policies/chapter2/ch2-fa ps/conting.php).
- Evidence of high quality ongoing
and future research.
- Teaching competency for computer science courses at both the undergraduate and graduate
- Specialty in one or more of the following: Data Mining, Text Mining, Big Data Analytics, Big Data Applications or related
Application Procedure: Visit https://jobs.siu.edu/ to apply.
Required Documents: letter of interest, transcripts, teaching
philosophy, curriculum vitae, and statement of research philosophy
Questions regarding the position may be sent to
the Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
Review of applications will begin December 15, 2020. Applications will be accepted after this date until the
position is filled.
For more information about the School of Computing, visit http://www.cs.siu.edu/
SIU Carbondale is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans that strives to enhance its ability to develop a diverse faculty and staff and to increase its potential to serve a diverse student population. All applications are welcomed and encouraged and will receive consideration.
© Copyright 2020 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.