Faculty – Business – Finance
Open Until Filled
Negotiable USD Per Year
The Department of Accounting and Finance at Alabama A&M University invites applications for a
tenure-track assistant/associate professor position in the field of finance starting January 2021. The candidate will be responsible for
teaching principles and advanced level courses in finance at the undergraduate and graduate levels as needed. Other responsibilities include
scholarly research leading to publications, student advising, and service on various committees and professional activities. Excellence in
teaching, intellectual contributions, effective advising, and service are expected for all faculty members at Alabama A&M University. A
Ph.D. in Finance or in a related field is required (ABD will be considered). The appointee with a Ph.D. in a related field should have
completed at least 18 semester credit hours of graduate level finance courses. Candidates with research publications in refereed journals
will be given preference.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach principles and advanced courses in
Finance at the undergraduate and graduate levels as needed.
- Serve as a student advisor.
- Conduct scholarly
- Serve in the departmental/college/university level committees
- Perform other duties as
Minimum Position Requirements (including years of experience,
certifications, licenses, etc.):
- A Ph.D. in Finance or in a related field with at least 18 semester credit hours of graduate
level finance courses is required (ABD will be considered).
- College or university level teaching experience is
- Candidates with a Master’s degree in a related field with at least 18 semester credit hours of graduate level finance
courses will be considered.
- Candidates with scholarly contribution, such as, publication in refereed journal, conference
presentation, etc. will be given preference.
Office of Human Resources
Alabama A&M University
© Copyright 2020 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.