Title: Assistant Professor (Automotive Technology)
Job Category: Faculty
ASA Automotive Technology
College:College of Applied Sciences
Position Summary: The
Department of Automotive Technology at Southern Illinois University Carbondale seeks applicants for a tenure-track Assistant Professor
faculty position starting August 16, 2021. This is a 9-month, continuing position. The position requires teaching undergraduate automotive
fixed and variable operations business management and/or technical courses, conducting research, and providing service to the university and
to the profession.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carry an assigned teaching load and maintain
appropriate office hours.
- Conduct research to broaden the body of knowledge in the discipline.
- Provide service to the
profession and university.
- Manage classrooms, laboratories, tools, equipment, and other resources utilized.
educational and professionally related assistance to prospective and enrolled students.
- Engage in indirect instruction to support
student learning and retention.
- Keep students apprised of grades as the semester progresses and enter final grades electronically
within specified deadlines.
- Participate in professional associations, service, and outreach activities related to the
- Participate in program development, quality assurance and assessment duties as required.
- Remain abreast of
recent developments and practices in the industry.
- Obtain and/or maintain Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) certification(s) in
assigned teaching areas if required.
- Obtain and/or maintain training and credentials necessary for Program
- Comply with Program quality assurance and assessment requirements.
- Comply with all University and College
policies and procedures.
- Comply with all Departmental guidelines.
- Engage in other program/departmental assignments as
assigned by the Department Chair.
Minimum Qualifications: Earned Masters degree in management, marketing,
business, education, automotive, engineering, technology, or a closely related discipline by time of appointment. A minimum three (3) years
of related experience in the automotive wholesale/manufacturer or retail level. Applicants must demonstrate potential for pursuing
independent, externally funded research. Strong written and oral communication skills are required.
Qualifications: Ph.D.in management, marketing, business, education, automotive, engineering, technology, or a closely related
Application Procedure: Visit https://jobs.siu.edu/ to apply.
Required Documents: Cover letter and Resume/CV
Contact for further information: Michael Behrmann
Contact email: email@example.com
General Information: Review of applications will begin
immediately and continue until the position is filled. For fullest consideration, applications should be received by January 4,
SIU Carbondale is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans that strives to enhance its ability to develop a diverse faculty and staff and to increase its potential to serve a diverse student population. All applications are welcomed and encouraged and will receive consideration.
© Copyright 2020 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.