Assistant Professor in Accounting. The successful applicant will teach both upper and lower level accounting courses. May also be asked to teach an occasional business or finance course if needed by the division.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Teach assigned classes at the scheduled time; using appropriate teaching, testing, and grading techniques; demonstrating current knowledge of the subject area; using effective written and oral communication skills; Coursework should be graded and feedback supplied to students in a timely manner. 50%
Be available to meet with students, as needed, before or after class time or at other scheduled times throughout the week. Develop course syllabus, lectures and curriculum using technology appropriate to the subject taught, in alignment with the Missions of the University and the Division of Accounting, Business and Economics. 30%
Assist with student recruitment, retention, advisement, and graduation planning. Regularly check CMU email for timely correspondence with Dean, Department/Division Chair, students and other members of the CMU community. 20%
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS:
This position requires a minimum of a Master’s degree in Accounting, or an MBA with 18 hours in Accounting. An appropriate Doctoral degree or accounting certification and teaching experience is preferred.
Ability to sit or stand for the duration of class periods. Must be able to speak in a clear and loud voice.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to effectively use email and Microsoft Office products, ability to use a course management system, as well as the instructional use of technology to teach traditional, hybrid or on-line courses, as needed.
- Strong commitment to high-quality instruction in a diverse, student-centered environment and the ability to work with students with various learning styles and backgrounds.
- Interest in active and collaborative learning and enthusiasm for working in a multidisciplinary environment.
- Ability to foster a collaborative atmosphere among students and the willingness to work as a member of a team with faculty.
- Expertise that complements and expands the needs and goals that of the department.
OTHER INFORMATION AND ATTRIBUTES:
Candidates should submit an application, cover letter, and resume to Human Resources. Applications and instructions are located on the website at www.centralmethodist.edu.
CMU Employees provide collegial, collaborative contributions to their areas and the University as a whole. They should stimulate a harmonious, productive and inviting work environment that is customer service oriented. Each must maintain a commitment to the mission and purposes of CMU. Central Methodist University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Central Methodist University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
© Copyright 2020 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.