Associate of Applied Science Program
Electronic Technology Online Adjunct Professor
University of St. Thomas
The University of St. Thomas (UST), a private Catholic University committed to the liberal arts and the religious and intellectual tradition of Catholic higher education, located in Houston, Texas, near the vibrant central business district, Texas Medical Center, and museum district, is seeking applicants for an Adjunct faculty position to teach Electronic Technology. This position reports directly to the Dean of the Associates of Applied Science program.
SUMMARY: Provide the expertise and knowledge that support the Associate of Applied Science curriculum and programs. The role of the Instructional Faculty encompasses teaching and learning, advising, and professional development.
The qualifications listed below are representative of the education, experience, knowledge, skills and/or abilities required.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or any other related field. Master’s Degree preferred (a photocopy of the transcript showing degree conferred must accompany the application). Certification in WebCT/ Blackboard Vista required.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of one (1) year of college level teaching experience or three (3) to ten (10) years of related work experience required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must provide resume and cover letter and a statement of teaching philosophy.
- Must be able to teach online classes and be familiar with Blackboard.
- Must have working knowledge and skill in presentation software.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with a diverse professional, community and student population.
- Must possess good organizational and planning skills.
- Must have experience with students from diverse academic, socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds and students with disabilities.
- Must demonstrate ability to inspire and motivate students in a learning-centered environment.
The University of St. Thomas is an Equal Opportunity Employer
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
© Copyright 2020 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.