Opening its doors in the Spring, 2021, the new American
University of Iraq – Baghdad (AUIB) is now hiring in many disciplines for its College of Business. AUIB began as a dream of
influential individuals in Iraqi and United States business, industry, and government who want to see a world-class institution of higher
learning established in the city, reminiscent of the days when Baghdad was an educational mecca and flourishing capital of the Muslim world.
With a rich library, palatial college buildings and student centers, state-of-the-art classrooms, laboratories, and athletic facilities,
AUIB will be a beautiful campus attracting students, faculty, and staff from throughout the world.
We invite you to join us in
this exciting new venture. www.auib.edu.iq
applications for an Assistant, Associate, and Professor of Finance and Banking – College of Business. (Rank Open)
directly to the Dean of the College of Business, the successful applicant will be a highly motivated and dedicated educator with expertise
teaching undergraduate and graduate courses in Management and experience working with international and multilingual learners. As part of a
newly established College, the successful applicant will help develop a curriculum within the finance and banking discipline, in particular
investment banking, retail banking, fund management, trading, insurance, actuarial, accountancy & tax, compliance, and risk, and
management consultancy. t
Teaching Load: 3/4
This position will be responsible for:
courses in the undergraduate and graduate Management discipline.
- Creating, posting, and articulating course learning outcomes or
objectives to ensure student understanding of course learning objectives and expectations.
- Creating course curriculum, course
syllabus, course handouts, lectures, labs, presentations, and other course materials required to deliver course information understandably
and interestingly that ensures students are engaged with the course material to achieve the course learning outcomes.
- Create course
rubrics to assess student performance that will collate with course learning objectives that will identify areas for student
- Assist students in mastering course material by being available during posted “office hours” and at other
times to answer questions and assist students in understanding course material in one-on-one or small group sessions.
grades and maintaining course/student records per the University guidelines and submit grades and documents by established
- Serve on university committees to enhance department and university policies and processes which enhance student academic
and career success.
- Serve as faculty advisor to students.
- Attend all required university events such as commencement,
faculty meetings, etc.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships within the campus community and among professionals, foundations,
and companies that support institutional growth.
- Collaborate with faculty and staff on various interdisciplinary research and
teaching projects as well as student-focused co-curricular activities.
- Perform other appropriate and reasonably required duties as
assigned by his/her supervisor
- Ph.D. in Finance and Banking, ABD acceptable – if graduating
within one semester after hire.
- The degree-granting institution will preferably be from an English and accredited institution from
the United States, Canada, Australia, and England.
- Minimum of two years of full-time, college-level teaching experience
- Experience teaching in international settings and working with multilingual learners highly desirable.
in curriculum and program development and prior administrative work (e.g., as a chairperson) a plus.
- The ability to teach across
business disciplines is desirable.
- Evidence of a strong record of scholarship, professional practice, and relevant
- An academic who has a record of professional integrity, flexibility, strong team-building skills, and the ability to
work in complex settings.
Salary and benefits:
- per year depending on rank and experience; 10-month
- Free housing accommodations
- 1 Round-Trip Flight to home destination after 1 year completed
- Free medical insurance
Applications should include a cover letter
addressing the requirements of the position, a curriculum vitae, and contact information for three (3) professional references. Applications
will be accepted until the position is filled. Start Date: January 2021. Confidential review of materials and screening of candidates will
Please send a cover letter that addresses the qualifications stated herein, current CV, and three references
in one .pdf file. Subject line: COB-Finance to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
© Copyright 2020 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.