If you’re passionate about building a better future for individuals, communities, and our
country-and you’re committed to working hard to play your part in building that future-consider WGU as the next step in your career.
Driven by a mission to expand access to higher education through online, competency-based degree programs, WGU is also committed to being
a great place to work for a diverse workforce of student-focused professionals. The university has pioneered a new way to learn in the 21st
century, one that has received praise from academic, industry, government, and media leaders. Whatever your role, working for WGU gives you
a part to play in helping students graduate, creating a better tomorrow for themselves and their families.
Student learning is the primary responsibility of WGU faculty. Program Mentors have specialized content expertise, which
they use to coach and guide students through courses and programs. Program Mentors are assigned a group of students and are accountable for
their students’ academic progress and success. Besides supporting students with content expertise, Program Mentors are experts in regards to
the WGU model and services. Program Mentors help students learn to be successful learners. They are organized and show exemplary written and
verbal communication skills.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Acts as a steward for carrying
out WGU’s mission and strategic vision. The Program Mentor must demonstrate a high level of commitment effectively and consistently.
- Offers direct, comprehensive support, coaching, and guidance to a load of assigned students
- Provides WGU and program level
expertise to students and maintains that expertise through ongoing development activities.
- Fosters student learning through
innovative and motivational teaching and coaching practices.
- Responds with urgency to meet student needs and communicates
professionally and respectfully with students and all other members of the WGU community.
- Monitors the progress of assigned
students, and offers proactive support and outreach to those students.
- Uses technology-based teaching and communication platforms
to aid students in their academic progress.
- Collaborates with other professionals within the university to promote a positive,
- Consistently exhibits WGU Leadership Principles.
- Well organized – conscientious and thorough with detail
- Must demonstrate
technological competency: Data entry, email, calendar, word processing, and database programs.
- Extraordinary customer service and
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills, with ability to present information clearly,
concisely, and accurately; friendly, persuasive speaking and writing style.
- Master’s degree in Information Technology, or related field. Education must be from an
accredited institution. Education is verified.
- Minimum of 1 years professional experience in cyber security
- Minimum of 3
years’ experience providing student support and instruction; demonstrated ability to work with at-risk learners.
Travel/Commute: Works primarily from home in the
continental U.S., but is available to travel to meetings as required.
Ability to work a student-friendly schedule
Disclaimer: This Job Description has been
designed to indicate the general nature, essential duties, and
responsibilities of work performed by employees within this classification. It does not
contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications that are required of
the employee to do this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without
notice. This Job Description does not constitute a contract of employment and the University may exercise its employment-at-will
rights at any time.
As an equal opportunity employer, WGU recognizes that our strength lies in our people. We are committed to
As an equal opportunity employer, WGU recognizes that our strength lies in our people.
We are committed to diversity.
© Copyright 2020 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.