Admin – Information Technology – IT Manager/Director
$77,996 to 97,495 USD Per Year
technology systems. Responsible for providing leadership and coordination in the assessment, selection, and implementation of
mission critical technologies to fulfill the College’s mission and strategic plan.
At the College of Central Florida, our vision is
to be “Your first choice for quality higher education.” We aim to accomplish this by providing a caring and exceptional learning environment
that fosters the success of our students and community. Candidates considering becoming part of the CF family must be able to embrace and
model this philosophy in their day-to-day responsibilities and demonstrate our standards: professional, responsive, informative, dependable
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide skilled leadership in identifying and solving business problems
with technology tools.
- Plan and manage both the short-term and long-range implementation and use of technology in accomplishing
- Assist different levels of College management in the recommendation and setting of technology
- Provide technical and administrative direction to the development and maintenance of business intelligence reporting for
administrative decision making and Federal and State reporting.
- Lead a College team to develop the short-range and long-range
institutional technology plan. .
- Utilize a project management approach to assure that technology projects are tracked from inception
to successful completion within budget and on schedule.
- Oversee the development and maintenance of information security procedures
utilizing multiple layers of control.
- Serve as the liaison between the College and technology vendors, external constituents and
auditors, and other institutions regarding information systems issues and emerging trends.
- Lead and supervise all aspects of
information technology staff and operations including network security and operations, end-user support, ERP and software development life
cycle systems, and business intelligence systems.
- Represent the College in statewide task forces and meetings.
- Develop and
administer the annual budget for information technology.
- Develop and maintain departmental standards and operational procedures to
assure compliance with information security standards, separation of duties, programming and documentation standards, ERP database
integrity, program testing and user acceptance, and continuity of operations and disaster recovery procedures.
- Requires regular and
recurring overnight, out-of-district travel.
- Due to the scope of responsibility of this position and the need for the College to
communicate both during the weekday and after regular work hours, the employee must possess a mobile phone and provide the number to Human
Resources, and the Vice President of Administration and Finance.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
essential job functions are not to be construed as a complete statement of all duties performed.)
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully
perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Acceptable eyesight (with or without correction).
- Acceptable hearing (with or without hearing
- Ability to clearly communicate both orally and in writing on a telephone and on a computer workstation for extended periods of
- Routinely requires sitting at a desk and viewing a display screen for extended periods of time.
- Routinely requires
walking, standing, bending, and reaching up.
- Routinely requires manual dexterity to operate standard office machines, such as,
computer, copier, fax, calculator, telephone, and other equipment as necessary.
- Routinely requires light (up to 15 pounds) lifting
- Works inside in an office environment on a tobacco-free
- (Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified individuals with a disability.)
- Bachelor’s degree
required, Master’s preferred, in the field of Computer Science, Information Technology, or Business Administration (the latter with a strong
background in Management Information Systems).
- Ten years or more of relevant experience including five years of progressively
responsible management/leadership/supervisory experience of computer systems management, information technology, systems analysis and
design, ERP systems implementation and upgrades, end-user support systems, and business intelligence reporting systems required.
a change agent with positive human relations skills. Communicate effectively, orally and in writing, with diverse functional areas and
stakeholders both internal and external to the College. Effectively and economically manage and supervise information technology operations
and staff including but not limited to end-user support, networking operations, management information systems, information security
systems, and ERP software development life cycles; demonstrated project management skills; Lead and implement business process
re-engineering projects; and the ability to work in partnership with internal and external stakeholders to accomplish the College mission
and strategic plan.
College of Central Florida
CF is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
© Copyright 2020 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.