Staff & Executive – Research (Laboratory/Non-Laboratory)
Our vision is to be a statewide, national and world leader of scientific discovery, transdisciplinary engagement, translation, patient care and education that improves outcomes for cancer patients and populations.
We will accomplish this by conducting innovative basic, clinical and population research and cutting-edge patientcentered care that expands our understanding of the etiology and biology of cancer; facilitates the rapid translation of laboratory-based discoveries into human studies; develops new approaches and interventions for cancer prevention that decrease cancer incidence and mortality; and develops new and better therapies to decrease suffering and mortality from cancer.
Curiosity and Discovery, Integrity, Collaboration, Respect and Caring, Perseverance.
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is seeking a Postdoctoral Appointee in the Department of Population Science at the Cancer Institute of New Jersey.
The primary purpose of the Postdoctoral Appointee position is to support the conduct of highly specialized and technical epidemiologic research in the Cancer Epidemiology and Health Outcomes Section under the direction of the Principal Investigator, Dr. Elisa Bandera. Assists in ongoing research, with a particular focus on cohort studies of ovarian and breast cancer survivors. The position involves assisting in data management and analysis, as well as in preparation of manuscripts and grant applications. Considerable opportunities for mentored professional development including analytic skills for epidemiologic data, writing lead-author papers, and conducting grant-funded research.
Among the key duties of this position are the following:
- Assists the Principal Investigator (PI) and study staff on all ongoing research.
- Actively participates and leads data analysis and the preparation of manuscripts, reports, and presentations.
- Assists the PI with the preparation of grant proposals.
- Assists with IRB submissions of ongoing research projects
- Gives oral presentations of the research.
Position Status: Full Time
Standard Hours: 37.50
Union Description: Non-Union
Payroll Designation: PeopleSoft
Information about the benefits provided to Rutgers employees can be found at: http://uhr.rutgers.edu/benefits/benefits-overview
Terms of Appointment: Staff – 12 month
Position Pension Eligibility: None
Minimum Education and Experience
- Doctoral degree in public health/epidemiology or MD with demonstrated advanced training in epidemiology or biostatistics (a minimum of MPH with epidemiology or biostatistics major required).
- Prior research experience in cancer epidemiology or health outcomes research and clinical background are preferred.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrated excellent writing and statistical and SAS or STATA programming skills.
- Effective oral communication skills.
- Computer literate with proficiency and working knowledge of database and reporting tools such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
Regional Campus: Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences (RBHS)
Home Location Campus: Downtown New Brunswick
© Copyright 2020 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.