Location: Silicon Valley
Job ID: 8475
Initial Review Date (IRD)
The Initial Review Date for this job is: 7/12/2020
UC Santa Cruz staff jobs are posted until filled. Application materials submitted by 11:59 pm on the IRD will be routed to the hiring unit for consideration. NOTE: Materials submitted after the IRD will be forwarded only at the request of the hiring unit. Submit your materials before the IRD to ensure consideration by the hiring unit.
Dept Marketing Statement
Smarter Balanced is a member led organization of states and territories that collaborate to provide formative, interim and summative assessment resources (e.g. tools, items, tests, etc.) that help educators better prepare their students to be college and career ready after they leave high school.
The UCSC Extension is the leading workforce educator in Silicon Valley. It is the only institution in the area to offer University of California-quality accredited courses designed by experienced instructors who are actually working in their field. We serve:
- new college graduates needing practical skills
- people in the workforce looking to update skills or change direction
- lifelong learners interested in studying with industry experts in the heart of Silicon Valley
- K-12 students and educators by providing access to high quality curriculum and assessments that are aligned to rigorous standards
Involves managing technical projects having a defined beginning and end. Manages the project’s framework processes and methodologies involving departmental or cross-functional teams. Plans, coordinates and monitors scope, requirements, schedules, budgets, resources, tasks, risks, staff and deliverables. Monitors the project from initiation through completion. Organizes and leads activities relating to the management and completion of projects.
For projects that involve IT and complex processes involving multiple staff and critical steps, applies advanced technical project management frameworks and methods to resolve highly complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Determines methods, techniques and evaluation criteria to obtain results. Manages projects of broad and diverse scope, size, impact, budget and project team size, with considerable impact to the organization.
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
Salary Information: $71,700 – $85,000. Salary commensurate with skills, qualifications and experience.
No. of Positions: 1
Benefits Level Eligibility: Full
40 hours weekly
Employee Classification: Career Appointment
Job End Date: None
Work Location: Remote
Union Representation: None
60% – Project Initiation and Planning
Coordinates across teams and vendor to plan project activities from initiation through delivery, including system integration, and interaction with vendors and managing risk.
Implements standard operating procedures for project changes, including coordination across functional teams.
Creates clear project management communication processes and documents that ensure that project team members, service providers, and customers (as necessary) understand their responsibilities and operate efficiently.
40% – Project Monitoring and Implementation
- Applies advanced technical project management concepts with a full understanding of project management practices and IT best practices to manage projects.
- Provides analysis for complex, project-management related issues that support efficient operations and decision-making.
- Communicates project task responsibilities with the goal of completing the project on schedule, within budget, and consistent with member needs.
- Manages all activities, dependencies, milestones, and delivery dates in the project schedule.
- Bachelor’s degree in related area and / or equivalent experience / training.
- Advanced knowledge of project management principles, theories, and concepts.
- Demonstrated capacity to anticipate obstacles and plan for contingencies.
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to determine relevance and prioritize tasks.
- Demonstrated effective technical writing skills.
- Demonstrated competency in selecting and implementing project management methods and techniques.
- Proven leadership ability. Effective problem solving skills. Demonstrated ability to put forth persuasive arguments.
- Effective skill at tracking effort and project progress. Demonstrated highly advanced organization and project management skills. Demonstrated strong conceptual and strategic planning skills to analyze projects of broad and diverse scope. Understands the cost impact.
- Demonstrated ability to integrate critical information across disciplines. Understands how projects relate to other business strategies and initiatives.
- Advanced knowledge of utilizing project management software to plan and track project schedules and resources to identify within and across project dependencies and risks.
APPLICANTS ARE REQUIRED TO USE THE UCSC ON-LINE PROCESS
View full job description and access on-line application:
To ensure review of application materials by the hiring unit, they must be submitted on or before the initial review date (IRD) via the Staff Employment Opportunities web site; https://jobs.ucsc.edu. A computer is available at the UC Santa Cruz Staff Human Resources Office located at Scotts Valley Center. The Scotts Valley Center is located at 100 Enterprise Way, Suite E100, Scotts Valley, CA 95066. To learn more or to request disability accommodations, call 831-459-2009. Hearing impaired are encouraged to use the California Relay Service at 800-735-2922. UC Santa Cruz is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status. UC Santa Cruz is committed to excellence through diversity and strives to establish a climate that welcomes, celebrates, and promotes respect for the contributions of all students and employees.
© Copyright 2020 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.