Posting Number: req2129
Department: College of Applied Sci & Tech
Location: Sierra Vista
Address: Sierra Vista, AZ USA
The University of Arizona’s College of Applied Science & Technology (CAST) is a National Security Agency (NSA) designated Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Operations (CAE-CO) and an Office of the Director of National Intelligence (ODNI) designated Intelligence Community Center of Academic Excellence (IC-CAE). CAST is seeking an Assistant Professor of Practice who will teach undergraduate courses within our Cyber Operations and Intelligence & Information Operations programs. The candidate will teach courses in the areas of Cyber Threat Intelligence; Counter Cyber Threat Intelligence; Deception, Counter-Deception & Counter-Intelligence; and Information Warfare.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; sick leave and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocation services, please click here.
As a cost-saving measure related to the impact of COVID-19, Furlough and Furlough-Based Salary Programs have been approved by the Arizona Board of Regents. All new hires subject to the programs will be notified in accordance with adopted Furlough and Furlough-Based Salary Programs guidelines and will be required to comply with all measures. To learn more about the programs and whether this position is affected, please visit hr.arizona.edu/FY-2020-2021-Furlough-Program.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain a workload typical for NTE faculty at CAST defined as 80% related to teaching and 20% related to service.
- Teach undergraduate courses using a variety of formats including online, and interactive video/TV platforms.
- Teaching responsibilities include traditional course delivery, seminars, independent studies, as well as creation and revision of course content.
- Contribute to the service responsibilities of CAST and the University of Arizona in part through participation on committees and student mentoring, including those from underrepresented backgrounds.
- Contribute to CAST and University of Arizona’s development through appropriate outreach to local communities (including governmental units, businesses, nonprofits organizations, and community residents).
- Assist in the development of innovative approaches to enhancing student engagements, increasing diversity, and expanding collaborations with community and business partners.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Tactical, Operational, and Strategic Cyber Threat Intelligence
- Deception, Counter-Deception
- Managed Attribution & Online Tracking Methodologies
- Information Warfare
- Master’s degree (or higher) in in Cyber Operations, Intelligence Studies, Information Warfare, National Security Studies, International Relations, or closely related field.
- Must be able to demonstrate Intelligence and/or Counterintelligence experience.
- Ph.D./D.Sc. in Cyber Operations, Electrical Engineering, Electrical & Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or closely related field
- Previous online teaching experience
- Research experience
- A Secret or Top Secret clearance is preferred but not required
- Proficiency in Russian and/or Chinese language
Rank: Assistant Professor
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Academic
Job Category: Faculty
Benefits Eligible: Yes – Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: DOE
Compensation Type: salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Curriculum Vitae (CV) and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.
The University of Arizona is a committed Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
© Copyright 2020 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.