Visiting Professor Epidemiology
The University of Southern Mississippi is currently accepting applications for the position of Visiting Professor Epidemiology.
118 College Drive
Hattiesburg, Mississippi, 39406-0001
Posting Close Date
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants should include:
- Cover letter summarizing academic preparation and professional experience in epidemiology
- Curriculum vitae
- Unofficial transcripts of all graduate level coursework
- List of three (3) professional references (no letters required)
This nine-month, non-tenure-track position requires teaching undergraduate-level and graduate-level courses in the Epidemiology and Biostatistics emphasis area, especially Epidemiology. Some service duties are also expected.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Teaching undergraduate and graduate students in a variety of courses in Epidemiology. Representative courses include, but are not limited to, Epidemiology, Biostatistics I, Environmental Health, Infectious Disease Epidemiology, and Research Techniques.
- Provide academic advisement to undergraduate and graduate students.
- Participate in service at community, university and departmental levels.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Candidates must hold a doctoral degree (Ph.D. or equivalent) at the time of appointment in Epidemiology or a related discipline.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Specialized knowledge in the field of epidemiology as demonstrated by graduate level coursework or professional experience is required.
- Strong written and oral communication skills are required.
- Experience teaching in both online and traditional classroom environments is preferred.
- Candidates with professional work experience in Epidemiology are preferred.
About The University of Southern Mississippi
The University of Southern Mississippi (USM) is a comprehensive public research institution delivering transformative programs on campuses in Hattiesburg and Long Beach, at teaching and research sites in central and southern Mississippi, as well as online. Founded in 1910, USM is one of only 130 universities in the nation to earn the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education’s “R1: Doctoral Universities – Very high research activity” designation, and its robust research enterprise includes experts in ocean science and engineering, polymer science and engineering, and sport venue safety and security, among others. USM is also one of only 40 institutions in the nation accredited in theatre, art and design, dance and music. As an economic driver, USM generates an annual economic impact of more than $600 million across the state. USM welcomes a diverse student body of approximately 15,000, representing 71 countries, all 50 states, and every county in Mississippi. USM students have collected four Truman Scholarships and 36 National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowships, while also leading Mississippi with 24 Goldwater Scholarships, an honor that recognizes the next generation of great research scientists. Home to the Golden Eagles, USM competes in 17 Division I sports sponsored by the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA). For more information, visit www.usm.edu.
As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer/Americans with Disabilities Act institution, The University of Southern Mississippi encourages minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities to apply.
As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, Southern Miss encourages minorities, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities to apply.
© Copyright 2020 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.