Faculty – Engineering – Industrial and Manufacturing
08/26/2020 (Reposted Job: Initially posted on 06/11/2020)
This position is a full-time faculty position in Dunwoody’s New Automation & Controls Engineering Technology program. Faculty initiate the teaching and learning process with a focus on continuous improvement. The goal is to create an environment in which students can accomplish the learning objectives of the course of instruction.
SPECIFIC POSITION ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Facilitates learning activities in Dunwoody’s New Automation & Controls Engineering Technology bachelor’s completion program.
- Develops and upgrades lesson material, training aids and maintains equipment within assigned course of instruction.
- Monitors, assesses and advises learners on technical and academic progress and performance.
- Uses current academic and industry practices in assigned courses of instruction.
- Assists in the recruitment and placement of learners.
- Maintains equipment and coordinates new equipment purchases within assigned program when needed.
- Designs and develops new curriculum within assigned program.
- Participates in industry and/or professional organizations in order to maintain and enhance program health and academic integrity.
- Directs scheduling, budgeting and curriculum health improvements in an assigned program.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be available to teach courses in the evening.
- Typical schedule is Monday through Thursday nights (5:00pm to 9:30pm).
- Must be available at other times for department meetings and training.
- Must have a graduate-level degree in automation, controls, electrical engineering or related discipline.
- Must have 5 years of industry related experience.
- Must have experience with Allen Bradley PLCs.
- Must have experience with industrial robots.
- Must have experience working with servos, motors and drives.
- Machine vision experience is a plus.
- AutoCAD Electrical experience is a plus.
Human Resources Department
Dunwoody College of Technology
Dunwoody is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
© Copyright 2020 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.