Posting Number: P1800F
Job Description Summary
The Forest Product Development Center in the School of Forestry and Wildlife Sciences at Auburn University is seeking a qualified individual for a postdoctoral Fellow in wood thermoplastic composites to work on composite manufacturing and characterization in Auburn, Alabama. The primary focus of this position is to develop wood/nanocellulose polymer composites from wood fibers/nanocellulose extracted from variable sources. Characterization of the wood fibers/nanocellulose and their polymer composites for different applications, such as construction, automobiles, packaging, etc., will comprise the primary responsibilities of the position. This is a 12-month, limited term non-tenure track position and is funded from external sources for up to two years. Continued employment is contingent on availability of funding and satisfactory performance.
- Candidates must possess a Ph.D. or equivalent degree in wood science, polymer science and engineering or a closely related field at the time appointment begins.
- The successful applicant will demonstrate commitment to timely completion of deliverables, commitment to publication of results in peer-reviewed journals, and strong potential to work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders on a highly visible research topic.
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills are required.
- In addition, the candidate selected for this position must be able to meet eligibility requirements to work in the United States at the time the appointment is scheduled to begin and continue working legally for the proposed term of employment.
- Previous experience with polymer composite manufacturing processes (extrusion, injection molding, etc.), formulation development, structural and mechanical analysis, and durability characterization is desirable.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must complete the online application at this link: http://aufacultypositions.peopleadmin.com/postings/4270 to include a letter of interest, Curriculum vitae, names and contact information of three professional references and transcript (transcript should show conferral of Doctorate degree and date of conferral .)
Review of applications will begin September 4, 2020 and continue until the position is filled.
More information about the Forest Product Development Center can be found at https://wp.auburn.edu/forestproducts/. Further questions about the position should be addressed to Dr. Yucheng Peng (firstname.lastname@example.org or 334-844-1089).
Open Until Filled: Yes
References required for this position?: Yes
If yes, minimum number requested: 3
Auburn University is an affirmative action equal opportunity employer and equal opportunity educational institution.
© Copyright 2020 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.