Requisition ID: 2020-2924
# of Openings: 1
Category (Portal Searching): Teaching (non-Faculty)
Position Type: Benefited Full-Time
Job Classification: Exempt
College: College of Agriculture & Applied Sc
Department: Aviation & Technical Education
Commensurate with experience, plus excellent benefits
Utah State University is looking for highly motivated CFI’s and CFII’s for our Rotor-Wing program in Logan, UT.
Flight Instructors provide flight, and ground instruction in accordance with FAA Regulations including Part 61 and 141, Airmen’s Information Manual, advisory circulars, airport operations, and USU handbook and Standard Operations Procedures.
Instructors are also responsible for student flights, student records, and ensuring course standards, training requirements, and objectives are met.
Instructors will be hired in a FULL TIME BENEFITED position.
- Perform flight instructor duties authorized by the Federal Aviation Regulations in accordance with the approved Training Course Outline.
- Ensure all students understand and practice all aspects of Utah State University’s program handbook and follow the designated safety program.
- Regularly schedule each assigned student to ensure satisfactory progress through the course and immediately inform supervisor of any delays in training or satisfactory progress.
- Responsible for accurately maintaining all appropriate records in Talon-systems; to include student training record, student logbook, and computer records.
- Ensure that all assigned students follow the Training Course Outline and meet course standards, training requirements, and objectives.
- Initiate stage check requests for assigned students.
- Responsible for the timely course completion of all flight students assigned, including completion of required paperwork.
- Recommend curriculum and courseware improvements when appropriate and develop new curriculum or courseware as assigned.
- File safety reports as necessary to report any observed safety violations, or situations that may affect the safety of flight or personnel at USU.
- Contact and meet with potential new students. Conduct tours of facilities and familiarize customers with Utah State University, procedures, and flight training courses.
- Attend administrative, standardization, in-service training, and instructor development meetings as assigned. Complete special programmatic assignments during poor flying conditions.
Productivity and Performance:
- Maintain 80% pass rate for final review and stage checks.
- Scheduled work/office hours 40 hours per week
- FAA Certified Flight Instructor
- Must hold a current FAA Class II Medical Certificate
- Aircraft piloting skills, including familiarity with and ability to perform required flight maneuvers and procedures.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply effective instructional technique in the classroom and in flight.
- Knowledge of appropriate Federal Aviation Regulations and related administrative and operational procedures and requirements.
- Ability to work well under pressure in fast-paced and noisy environment while exercising sound judgment at all times.
- Strong customer service skills.
- CFII rating
- Familiarization with USU handbook, SOP’s, and Talon-Systems preferred
- G-1000 experience
- Instrument Ground Instructor (IGI) experience a plus
- Advanced Ground Instruction (AGI) preferred
Along with the online application, please attach:
1. Resume to be uploaded in the Candidate Profile
2. Copies of FAA ratings to be uploaded in Other Documents 1-10
3. Cover Letter to be typed/pasted in a text box at the end of the application
**Document size may not exceed 10 MB.**
Commensurate with experience, plus excellent benefits
Employees work indoors and are protected from weather and/or contaminants, but not, necessarily, occasional temperature changes. The employee is regularly required to sit and often uses repetitive hand motions.
Utah State University (USU) was founded in 1888 and is honored to be Utah’s land-grant and space-grant university. USU is a Carnegie RU/H (Research University/High Research Activity) institution with approximately 27,800 students (24,660 undergraduates and 3,140 graduate students) on the Logan main campus. Utah State’s statewide system features eight campuses and 23 education centers and serves all counties in the state with Extension programs. USU offers 165 undergraduate majors, 138 graduate programs, and a variety of innovative stackable associate and certificate credentials. Washington Monthly ranked USU 14th in their national university rankings in 2019 and the 5th best public national university in the nation in 2018. As one of the two premier research institutions in Utah, USU is proud to provide a high-quality education at an affordable price. Additional information about Utah State University can be found here.
A core characteristic of USU is engagement with communities and people in economic development, improvements to quality of life, and human capital. Through the practical application of knowledge, the University and its faculty engage and share expertise with the state, nation, and world, preserving the historical land-grant tradition of partnering with communities to address critical societal issues in the interest of the public good.
The USU main campus is located in beautiful Logan, Utah; a city of about 50,000 situated in a picturesque mountain valley about 80 miles north of Salt Lake City. Outstanding recreational opportunities abound in the nearby mountains and proximate region.
Notice of Non-discrimination
In its programs and activities, including in admissions and employment, Utah State University does not discriminate or tolerate discrimination, including harassment, based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by University policy, Title IX, or any other federal, state, or local law.
The following individuals have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the application of Title IX and its implementing regulations and/or USU’s non-discrimination policies:
Executive Director of the Office of Equity Alison Adams-Perlac, firstname.lastname@example.org, Old Main Rm. 161, 435-797-1266
Title IX Coordinator Hilary Renshaw, email@example.com, Old Main Rm. 161, 435-797-1266.
For further information regarding non-discrimination, please visithttps://equity.usu.edu/, or contact:
U.S. Department of Education, Office of Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, 800-421-3481, OCR@ed.gov
U.S. Department of Education, Denver Regional Office, 303-844-5695, OCR.Denver@ed.gov
USU is sensitive to the needs of dual career couples and provides a Dual Career Assistance program to support careers for partners who are also seeking employment.
In its programs and activities, Utah State University does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including sexual harassment, pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related conditions), national origin, age, genetic information, sexual orientation or gender identity/expression, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by university policy or local, state, or federal law. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies:
USU Title IX Coordinator
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Director
Old Main Rm. 161
For further information on notice of non-discrimination:
U.S. Department of Education
Office for Civil Rights
© Copyright 2020 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.