Founded in 1879, Curry College is a private, four-year, liberal arts-based institution
located on a wooded 131-acre campus in Milton, MA just seven miles from downtown Boston. Accredited by the New England Commission of Higher
Education (NECHE, formerly NEASC), Curry College offers 27 undergraduate majors, over 60 minors and concentrations, as well as five graduate
Curry College is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in every aspect of its operations. The College values
diversity and seeks talented students, faculty and staff from a variety of backgrounds.
This position is responsible for strategic and operational leadership of the institution’s enterprise application systems. This
responsibility includes design, development, support, and maintenance. The director will work closely with senior institutional leadership,
internal ITS leadership, and representatives of administrative and academic departments to develop and execute the institution’s
administrative technology tactical plans. The position provides site management with analysis and recommendations to improve and expand
applications, system integration and application performance.
include day-to-day leadership of a team of applications analysts and system administrators responsible for the institution’s ERP and other
application systems and infrastructure. This includes the supervision, training, and evaluation of ERP support staff; Prioritization and
planning of work schedules and assignments; Communication across organizational units within ITS and with managers and functional
administrators in support of the execution of the administrative technology tactical plan and various tasks. The Director participates in
application development, maintenance, and troubleshooting activities as necessary.
S/he will serve as Project Manager for client
facing projects and collaborate closely with other teams within the ITS and community to implement, transition, and enhance services
throughout the project’s life-cycle.
- Develop excellent understanding of
institutional process needs as they span or interact with the specific viewpoints of individual administrative departments.
- Solutions should be developed to maximize system improvements from the broadest perspective for the Institution as a whole.
- Maintain regular interaction with all administrative areas to ensure best support of the work of the Institution, including writing
reports and ad hoc queries.
- Overseeing process flows and serving as the first level of help for business systems.
- Serve as
liaison between functional users and technical support staff for administrative systems.
- Stay current on product availability to
meet Institution needs and propose new initiatives to meet identified needs.
- Ensure the implementation and oversee change
management process for application development and updates.
- Coordinate process and timing of regular upgrades, applications of
program fixes, etc., for existing programs, and integrate with on-going projects.
- Develop and oversee on-going training program for
new and experienced users of administrative systems.
- Design project teams and strategies to coordinate efforts of people from
appropriate administrative and computing departments, outside consultants, vendors, and other ‘user’ groups in meeting the Institution’s
goals for use of administrative systems.
- When administrative systems projects are being considered:
- Develop needs analyses
of potential projects, identify potential solutions and vendors, create requests for proposals, coordinate evaluation of proposals, and
- Prepare project scope and develop project plans, including project tasks, resource allocation, timelines, and
- Design and carry out implementation process. Anticipate problems and resolve issues where conflicting needs and
- Revise plans and process as needed to respond to unanticipated problems and minimize negative consequences to
- Develop needs analyses
- Stay abreast of up-to-date
standards and best practices for client and educational technologies and systems, project management, and tools through ongoing training and
- Cross train with and mentor team members to improve overall administration of systems and applications to
ensure efficient and effective delivery of technology resources.
- Develop personal training plans to enhance technical, analytical
and business capability.
- Promote departmental culture of exemplary
customer service through frequent communication, positive relations and prompt support.
- Maintain an effective and positive system
of communication between the Technology Center and faculty, staff, administration, and the virtual team of technologists.
Policies and Procedures:
- Maintain confidentiality and integrity of the college network, systems and
- Comply with federal and state regulations, college policies and internal procedures.
- Recommend updates to college
policies and internal procedures.
Minimum Qualifications and
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 5+ years of progressively responsible managerial experience in an
academic or similarly complex IT environment providing client ERP and related applications support is essential.
- Demonstrated experience planning, leading and managing professional IT support operations
based on industry best practices and cultivating and developing high-performing teams to possess a strong service ethic, requisite technical
skills, and continuous improvement mindset.
- Understanding of ITIL-based IT service management best practices, as well as industry
best practice IT support and client-facing standards, strategies, solutions, and methodologies.
- Significant direct experience
developing, overseeing, measuring and improving business processes using metrics reporting and analysis of key performance indicators (KPI)
and service level targets and/or agreements (SLA) to achieve and sustain operational excellence.
- Experience with Ellucian
- Familiarity with Linux.
- Experience with databases such as Microsoft SQL or ORACLE used in conjunction with Higher
Education ERP systems.
- Demonstrated experience leading projects focused on designing and/or implementing new or significantly
enhanced IT services.
- Expert collaboration and customer service skills and demonstrated experience building, maturing and managing
client relationships at all levels of an organization in order to align services with functional and business needs of community.
- Proven ability to perform well under stress when confronted with emergency, critical or unusual customer situations and issues.
Other Requirements of the Job:
- Previous experience in higher education.
utilizing Agile Project Management or similar framework.
- Significant direct experience using work order tracking or service
- Strong communication, collaboration, organizational and time management skills including the ability to
multi-task, prioritize, and independently manage a changing workload and schedule for self and assigned student staff in a wide variety of
settings and situations.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients and
- May be required to work evenings and weekends in response to support and project timing issues to minimize downtime and
to respond to emergencies.
- Master’s degree.
- 7+ years
related experience and 5+ directly in Enterprise Applications Support.
- Certifications: Project Management.
College’s discretion, the education and experience prerequisites may be excepted where the candidate can demonstrate, to the satisfaction of
the college, an equivalent combination of education and experience specifically preparing the candidate for success in the
Employment in this position is contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment background
Curry College is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse
workforce. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, sex
identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable state and federal law,
including Title IX.
Inquiries about the application of Title IX can be directed to the College’s Title IX
Coordinator, Rachel King at Rachel.firstname.lastname@example.org, (617) 979-3516,
or King Academic Administration Building, 55 Atherton St, or US Department of Education, Office of Civil Rights (“OCR”) – Boston Office, 5
Post Office Square, 8th Floor, Boston, MA 02109-3921, (617) 289-0111.
online at https://www.curry.edu/about-us/community-resources/employment/job-opportunities for consideration. Interested Applicants
must submit a resume, cover letter, and a list of three professional reference names, one of which must be a former or current supervisor,
including complete contact information and professional titles.
Curry College is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in every aspect of its operations. The College values diversity and seeks talented students, faculty and staff from a variety of backgrounds.
© Copyright 2020 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.