Community College of
Philadelphia is an open-admission, associate-degree-granting institution which provides access to higher education for all who may benefit.
Its programs of study in the liberal arts and sciences, career technologies, and basic academic skills provide a coherent foundation for
college transfer, employment and lifelong learning. The College serves Philadelphia by preparing its students to be informed and concerned
citizens, active participants in the cultural life of the city, and enabled to meet the changing needs of business, industry and the
professions. To help address broad economic, cultural and political concerns in the city and beyond, the College draws together students
from a wide range of ages and backgrounds and seeks to provide the programs and support they need to achieve their goals.
Business Administration Department invites applications for a full-time, tenure track position in Accounting for the 2021-2022 academic
The Business Administration Department includes a variety of degrees and certificates in the areas of Business and
Accounting. The department strives to meet the needs of all students interested in obtaining an education in these areas and is focused on
preparing business leaders, professionals, and entrepreneurs for successful careers. Many of our students transfer to some of the best
business schools in the Philadelphia area, while others move directly into new jobs or progress in their current career paths.
- Teach various accounting courses, including Financial and Managerial
- Maintain and develop curriculum in response to assessment findings and market demands that are consistent with
departmental learning objectives.
- Commitment to participating in the intellectual life of the department, and a willingness to
participate in the life of the College through leadership in department and college-wide committees.
- Active participation in
industry related professional development activities, meetings, and/or conferences.
- Develop and implement student retention related
activities, participate in articulation with four-year schools and outreach with area high schools.
- Work with faculty to develop
active advisory committees and community relationships.
- Demonstrate a sense of connection and responsibility for helping the College
to achieve success through a commitment to its mission, vision, and values.
- Actively participate in the academic life of the
College; including participation in graduation, recruitment events, general assemblies, student life activities and other cross functional
teams. Create learning opportunities for students inside and outside of the classroom including opportunities to teach dual-enrollment high
- Communicate effectively, share vision, focus on people, initiate positive change, value differences and foster
collaboration. Work with and inspire others to achieve college, department, and individual success. Proactively identify/address
- Establish an inclusive environment in the classroom. Demonstrate an understanding of, and sensitivity to, the diverse
academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of the College’s faculty, staff and students.
- Participation in continual
assessment and course updates to ensure excellence in meeting program and student learning outcomes.
- Strive for excellence in
teaching, applying best practices in field of discipline, and modeling behaviors that encourage student success and retention. Utilize
innovative teaching strategies and technologies for online learning and other technology tools to meet the learning needs of a diverse
student population. Maintain office hours to meet with students outside of the classroom and respond to questions or
- Commitment to professional learning and growth, student mentoring, and service to the profession. Remain current in the
use of technology, developments within the field of discipline, and developments related to teaching and student
- Master’s Degree in Accounting or Taxation, or an MBA degree with an active
certification as a CPA, CMA, CIA, CFA OR CGMA.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to
teach a variety of day, evening, and weekend, first and second year Accounting courses at the main campus, and/or at Regional Centers and
- Knowledge of, and ability to integrate, current technological applications into Accounting
- At least two years of recent college teaching experience in the subject
- Knowledge and/or willingness to develop and teach online and web enhanced courses.
- Prior experience using Canvas
Learning Management System.
Special Instructions to
- Interested persons should complete an online application.
- Cover letter of interest and CV/resume
- Name and contact information for three (3) references REQUIRED.
- Employment offers are contingent upon successful
completion of background checks in accordance with the Pennsylvania Child Protective Services Law.
- Must be legally eligible to work
in the U.S.
Community College of Philadelphia is an affirmative action, equal opportunity and equal access employer. The College
encourages applications from individuals from traditionally under-represented groups. AA/EOE.
Salary Grade or
Rank 5 or Rank 6
Community College of Philadelphia is an affirmative action, equal opportunity and equal access employer. The College encourages applications from individuals from traditionally under-represented groups. AA/EOE
© Copyright 2020 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.