Job ID: 39280
Location: Evanston, Illinois
Department: Alumni Relations & Development
Oversees high-priority projects, which often require considerable resources and high levels of functional integration. Manages projects from original concept through final implementation. Interfaces with all affected areas of the project, including end-users, distributors, and vendors. Ensures adherence to quality standards and reviews project deliverables. May communicate with senior level management regarding the status of specific projects. This position is part of the ARD Services team in Alumni Relations and Development. Serves as the senior project manager for ARD enterprise applications including CATracks, OnBase, and iModules.
- Manages the initiation, planning, execution, monitoring/controlling and closing of Information Technology (IT) and related virtual and physical infrastructure projects in support of organizational area’s strategic objectives and ongoing operations.
- Collaborates with project leadership to determine and document project objectives, scope, approach, resource requirements, budget, metrics, key performance indicators and stakeholders.
- Collaborates with project leadership to define project tasks, milestones, and deliverables that meet stated project objectives and conform to initiative methodology standards.
- Prepares and presents comprehensive project scope and definition documents.
- Develops and maintains project schedules, and ensures appropriate planning measures are taken including adjusting assignments as necessary to accommodate new issues, scope changes, new work estimates and/or resource availability constraints.
- Maintains and analyzes actual costs, time and scope to ensure delivery against the plan.
- Analyzes short- and long-term resource needs and recommends and/or adjusts staffing and resources appropriately.
- Monitors and communicates progress, revising task timelines and effort estimates based on project team members task-specific status updates.
- Develops communication plan for key messages, project updates, and key decisions that will be used throughout the project.
- Oversees good software development and project management practices for each of the project teams.
- Communicates and promulgates software development tracking standards and project management procedures to project team members.
- Works with technical lead to specify quality assurance process that will ensure the overall quality and continual improvement of the project deliverables.
- Develops and maintains risk analyses process, risk mitigation strategy process, and issue logs for the project.
- Provides work direction and/or supervises staff such as team members, subordinates, contractors, vendors, students, etc.
- Recommends staff hires/terminations.
- Coaches and mentors staff.
- Manages projects ensuring timelines and deliverables are met and meet expectations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Successful completion of a full 4-year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor’s or higher degree; OR appropriate combination of education and experience.
- 4 years managing Information Technology (IT) and related virtual and physical infrastructure projects or other relevant experience required.
- Five or more years’ experience in Alumni Relations and Development.
- Experience with Ellucian Advance Web
- Experience with Anthology Encompass
- Experience with Hyland OnBase
- Experience writing SQL queries
- Experience with data augmentation services
- Experience managing system support for users
- Experience researching and writing data-related policies
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States.
© Copyright 2020 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.