QCC was established in 1963 to provide access to higher education to residents
of Central Massachusetts. Since the early 60s, enrollment has grown from 300 to over 13,000 full and part-time day and evening students
served. QCC offers over 70 associate degree and certificate career options in Business, Health Care, Technology, Liberal Arts, and Human
Additionally, over 137 credit and 300 noncredit courses are offered online, as well as a wide variety of classroom
non-credit courses, workshops, and seminars. Classes are provided on the main campus, in downtown Worcester (Healthcare, Workforce
Development, Continuing Education), at the Worcester Senior Center (Hospitality & Recreation Management), at Burncoat High School
(Automotive Technology), and in the city of Southbridge.
For over fifty years, Quinsigamond Community College has provided opportunities for a first-rate education and
personal growth to thousands of area men and women. Some students choose to prepare for immediate entry into a career field. Some choose to
transfer to bachelor’s level programs at four-year colleges and universities, and some choose opportunities for personal growth and cultural
enrichment. Quinsigamond Community College is seeking student-centered faculty and staff who are committed to the community college mission
and actively engaged in promoting diversity.
This position facilitates learning for students enrolled in accounting courses. The ideal
candidate will possess a combination of strong recent industry experience in financial accounting with additional experience in one or more
of the following areas: taxes, managerial accounting, and/or QuickBooks; demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the new International
Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS); and experience teaching adult learners.
This position may be assigned at the Worcester and/or
The full-time faculty member reports to the Dean for Business &
The full-time faculty member exercises supervision over any personnel
assigned to him/her.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide classroom, laboratory and/or team teaching
instruction and facilitate individualized and non-traditional approaches to learning as appropriate. Non-traditional approaches may include,
but not be limited to: on-line, blended, accelerated and/or service learning.
- Develop and/or revise instructional materials with
other faculty members..
- Develop and apply instructional methods that engage students of varying learning styles and
- Develop and apply assessment strategies that maximize the learning process and measure student learning
- Actively participate in ongoing curriculum and program review.
- Conduct academic advising and assistance of
- Participate in college service activities in concert with the provisions of the MCCC Agreement.
- Actively support
the teaching and learning process; practicing honesty and integrity in and out of the classroom; strive to create and support a
student-centered environment while fostering academic innovation and excellence.
- Work actively with other areas of the college to
ensure a spirit of college wide collaboration, collegiality, civility, and teamwork. Respect the function of dissent in an academic
institution while advancing a collegial atmosphere of campus collaboration.
- Embrace the ideals of diversity and inclusiveness and
support the equal rights of all people by advancing the understanding and appreciation of differences including age, race, gender, ability,
religious convictions, socio-economic status, ethnic heritage, or sexual orientation.
- Provide flexible, responsive and high quality
service to all, be they students, community, or staff, and continuously assessing processes and procedures and revising
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in Accounting or related discipline.
- Strong industry experience in financial
- Two years or more of experience teaching accounting. .
- Masters Degree in Accounting specifically, and/or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) credential.
years of successful college teaching, preferably in a community or technical college setting.).
- Demonstrated professional experience
in at least one of the following areas: taxes, managerial accounting, and/or QuickBooks.
- Documented success in teaching financial
accounting, federal taxation, managerial accounting, and/or computerized accounting).li>
- Five or more years of strong recent
industry experience in financial accounting (within last five years.
- Demonstrated track record in innovative, non-traditional modes
of instruction and instructional delivery. Non-traditional approaches may include, but not be limited to: on-line, blended, accelerated
and/or service learning.
- Documented success in teaching financial accounting, federal taxation, managerial accounting, and/or
- Demonstrated professional experience in at least one of the following areas: taxes, managerial accounting,
- Demonstrated track record in innovative, non-traditional modes of instruction and instructional delivery.
Non-traditional approaches may include, but not be limited to: on-line, blended, accelerated and/or service learning.
experience in finance to include, but not be limited to principles and practices of financial management, small business finance, and/or the
stock market and investments..
- Documented examples of curriculum / course development and outcomes
- Well-articulated understanding of the role of community colleges, their students and philosophy.
- Evidence of
understanding of and appreciation for diversity and multiculturalism.
Fluency in a second language..Integration of
computer technology into instruction..Predisposition to working in a dynamic environment requiring flexibility, adaptability, and
teamwork..Strong evidence of passionate commitment to striving for excellence in working with students, faculty, and staff and in
responding to opportunities that extend the Mission of the College. .
.Documented evidence/examples of effective communication
and interpersonal skills..
Salary is commensurate
with MCCC/MTA salary schedule and dependent upon such factors as education and experience. Minimum starting salary for Master’s level
candidate is $48,811. Full salary range is $48,811 to $55,000. Full benefits package.
Visit our Web Site at www.qcc.edu/human-resources for information about our college.All applicants
must apply online by Sunday, September 20, 2020 and submit a cover letter, resume and teaching philosophy. All internal applicants should be
aware that their application for this vacancy constitutes permission for review of their personnel file. Successful applicants will be
required to complete a Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI/SORI) request. Bilingual persons are encouraged to apply. Quinsigamond
Community College is an equal opportunity affirmative action college supporting diversity.
Quinsigamond Community College is an equal opportunity affirmative action college supporting diversity.
© Copyright 2020 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.