Posting Number: F003705
Position Status: Full Time
Assignment Length: This field only applies to Faculty
Grant Funded: No
Class Code: 14
Pay Rate: Commensurate with education and experience.
Location: District, Other – TCC Opportunity Center
Department: DT Corp Solutions & Econ Dev
The Subject Matter Expert Lead (SMEL) serves as the lead authority to the Corporate Solutions and Economic Development (CSED) division with respect to all leadership and organizational effectiveness related customized solutions for clients served in the community. This includes instructors, adjunct faculty, and outside contractors. The position reports directly to the Executive Vice President of Corporate Solutions and Economic Development (EVP CSED).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Serves as lead authority to the CSED division with respect to all manufacturing and STEM related customized solutions for clients served
- Understands, articulates, and implements best practices related to area of expertise
- Responsible for the depth and breadth for the advanced manufacturing and STEM related practice area of CSED
- Develops and sustains robust partnerships with industry related associations for the purpose of supporting the alignment and coherence of CSED clients learning experience
- Develops and delivers training, learning, development, and customized solutions for regional employers served by CSED
- Ability to facilitate, coach, and consult for the purpose of helping those served by CSED to upskill their workforce, enhance productivity, solve a problem, or impact overall effectiveness
- Generates design specifications for content development and delivery
- Leads and is responsible for managing and hiring of all facilitators, coaches, and consultants with the need for specialized knowledge (includes instructors, adjunct faculty, and outside contractors)
- Responsible for identifying business requirements and recommending solutions to approach those needs
- Aligns with CSED business development representatives in order to best serve clients through customized workforce solutions
- Creates relevant and interactive open enrollment programs for CSED
- Develops and delivers long term and sustainable learning programs for programs as it relates to subject matter authority (i.e. Breakfast briefings, lunch and learns, etc.)
- Recommends value-based pricing for client engagement
- Attends the workplace regularly, reports to work punctually and follows a work schedule to keep up with the demands of the worksite
- Completes all required training and professional development sessions sponsored through Tarrant County College (TCC)
- Supports the values of the College: diversity, teaching excellence, student success, innovation and creativity and service to the College
- Supports the mission, values and 3 goals and 8 principles of the College
The duties listed are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Required Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensures
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university in Manufacturing, Engineering, or any STEM related field
- Five (5) years of facilitation, coaching and/ or consulting experience
- Proven experience with content development and instructional design
- Experience with management subject matter experts, facilitators, trainers, etc.
- Experience with content development software
Desired Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensures
- Industry related credentials (i.e. Lean, Six Sigma)
- Certifications in industry assessments (i.e.Bennett Mechanical, Ramsay, etc.)
Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- Excellent writing and listening skills
- Demonstrates ability to think strategically
- Possess strong customer/ client-oriented philosophy and focus
- Strong interpersonal skills, maturity, and good judgment
- Ability to maintain relationships
- Strong team orientation
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office Applications
- Ability to sell new business and be a rainmaker through development and delivery of customized solution and open enrollment programs
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Contact: Jennifer Villaire
Tarrant County College is an equal opportunity institution that provides educational and employment opportunities on the basis of merit and without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status or disability.
© Copyright 2020 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.