Daytona Beach, FL
Faculty – Vocational and Technical – Aviation
The Daytona Beach Campus is currently accepting applications for the position of UAS Simulation & Flight Instructor to support the Unmanned Aircraft Systems program in our College of Aviation.
The UAS Simulation and Flight Instructor will instructor students using the Medium Altitude Long Endurance (MALE) Unmanned Aircraft System simulators and Small Unmanned Aircraft Systems (sUAS). The flight instructor with instructional designers for the development of lesson-ware and to support sUAS flight operations with students.
The UAS Instructor will:
- Teach simulator lessons Medium Altitude Long Endurance (MALE) Unmanned Aircraft Systems to include flight and sensor operations for the UAS simulation labs.
- Teach flight lessons Small Unmanned Aircraft Systems (sUAS) operations using a Piccolo Command Center system.
- Help maintain the UAS aircraft and support equipment in an operational status.
- Assist in the recording of maintenance and flight records for the purpose of meeting FAA reporting requirements.
- Minimal oversight of student assistants while conducting simulator or flight lessons.
- Other duties as necessary in support of UAS lab and sUAS flight operations
Bachelor’s degree and qualified in a UAV Factory Penguin C or comparable Piccolo Command Center equipped aircraft. FAA Part 107 certificate required.
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Daytona Beach
Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, or disability.
© Copyright 2020 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.