- Maintain and write grants for 3-4 hatch funded research projects
applicable to the state needs and developed in consultation with state and national stakeholders and based on COM Plan of
- Manage the daily operation and maintenance of the Kosrae Agricultural Experiment Station tissue culture facilities, nursery,
equipment, and plant stocks.
- Seek outside funding for applicable projects; Conduct tests of field crops suitable for the conditions
in Kosrae State
- Assist the state administration to develop plans and processes to address food security issues
- Assist the
state in arranging necessary technical help/training within available budget
- Assist the state to identify necessary, potential and
possible activities to address the identified concerns of the state
- Assist the state to identify and address the on-going and future
goals for agriculture development within the state and the FSM
- Assist in the development and delivery of formal education within the
Agriculture Science specialty to students of COM-FSM on time and budget availability
- Provide 25% of time responsibility to support
and conduct extension activities with the Kosrae Cooperative Extension Services including formulation of research findings in a format
suitable for extension and 75% of time responsibility for research. Report and publish research results in appropriate peer review
- Perform other duties suitable to the capabilities of the researcher and the facilities
- PhD in Plant Science/Plant Pathology with experience in tropical pathology and plant disease management from
US accredited college.
- Strong background in Micro-propagation techniques, protocol development for micro-propagation, laboratory and
micro-propagation systems (especially tissue culture) management.
- Proven ability to train and mentor local staff and students on
techniques of plant disease management, plant micro-propagation, and plant nursery management.
- Ability to travel and work in
resource poor conditions.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary team.
- Proven ability to develop grant
proposal and secure funding from sources other than state and college based funding.
- Proven ability to manage people and funds to
satisfy the audit requirements of national and/or international funding agencies.
- Ability to formulate and work in a team setting,
to develop and encourage collaboration with State, National, Federal, Regional and international partners when possible and when
Foreign credentials must be equated to US standards using World Education Services at http://www.wes.org.
Contact: Applications are available at the College of
Micronesia–FSM Human Resources Office, state campus sites or at the website at www.comfsm.fm.
Interested candidates must submit
the following documents:
- A letter of interest addressing how the candidate’s professional qualification and experience
match the minimum essential requirements of the position (not to exceed 3 pages);
- COM-FSM application form (http://www.comfsm.fm/jobs/HRdocs/employment08.pdf );
current resume which includes personal email address and cellular phone number;
- Copies of college transcripts for all degrees
- A minimum of three professional reference letters;
- Court report under six months old; and
Documents are to be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org (preferably as PDF attachments) or mailed to:
Human Resources Office
P. O. Box 159
Pohnpei FM 96941
(U.S Postal Service domestic rates apply in the Federated States of
Applications will be accepted until August 29, 2020 or when a pool is established _followed by screening by the
committee. Official and hard copies of college transcripts are require to be mailed directly from schools to HRO when a candidate is being
The College reserves the right to request or require from any applicant additional documentation or certification in
addition to the minimum requirements stated in this advertisement in order to be considered for this position. All persons applying must
meet or exceed any additional qualifications required in the COM-FSM Personnel Policy Manual.
The College of
Micronesia–FSM is an equal opportunity employer.
FSM Citizens are encouraged to apply
© Copyright 2020 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.