of Michigan-Shanghai Jiao Tong University Joint Institute (JI) invites applications for Assistant, Associate and Full Teaching Professor
positions in all emerging fields related to Electrical & Computer Engineering (ECE), Mechanical Engineering (ME), and Materials Science &
The JI was founded in 2006 in Shanghai, China, with strong support from both partner universities and the Chinese
government. It offers B.S., M.S. and Ph.D. programs in ECE, ME, and MSE. The JI models itself after world class U.S. research universities,
in terms of academic environment, faculty expectations, graduate research and undergraduate curricula. Both ME and ECE programs are ABET
accredited. English is the official language of JI. The students are among China’s best.
doctoral degree in related field;
- Native-level English skills;
- For ECE, rich experience in teaching undergraduate and
graduate courses in but not limited to computer, circuits, electromagnetics, and control;
- For ME, rich experience in teaching
undergraduate and graduate courses in but not limited to robotics, design and manufacturing, dynamics and vibration, mechatronics and
- For MSE, rich experience in teaching undergraduate and graduate courses in all traditional and emerging areas;
development experience a plus;
- Industrial experience a plus.
- Deliver up to 6
courses per academic year;
- Guide teaching assistants in conducting recitation classes and grading students’
- Participate in other institutional activities, including curriculum development, committee service,
Application Materials (all in one pdf file):
- Cover letter that details your background and
- Curriculum Vita
- Degree diploma (photocopy)
- Recent teaching evaluation reports (by
- Names of three references
- Other supporting materials
If you are interested in the position, please send
your application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org.
mention where you read the ads)
If you want to know more about UM-SJTU Joint Institute, please go to: http://ji.sjtu.edu.cn.
© Copyright 2020 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.