San Antonio, TX
- Faculty – Vocational and Technical – Telecommunications
- Admin – Adult and Continuing Education Programs
Posting closes on: September 30, 2020 at 6:00 pm CST
The date after which applications are not guaranteed review is 09/30/2020
This position is part-time and temporary – not eligible for benefits
This position is revenue-funded.
Hours per Week: Not to exceed 19 hours a week
Hourly or Salaried: Hourly
Funding source: Revenue Funded
Location: SPC- St. Philip’s College
Requisition #: req5928
Outside working hours if other than M-F 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.: Scheduled times can include evenings and – or weekends
Job Summary and Description
Position responsible for teaching Continuing Education classes. Continuing Education Instructors are hired in a part-time capacity contingent upon the needs of the department. Classes are offered during daytime, evenings, and weekends as well as some College holidays. Classes are offered at various times and locations during the academic year.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Associate’s degree or combination of training, education and experience that equates to the required degree.
- Three (3) years of work related experience in Voice/Data Network Cabling.
- Experience in commercial and residential installation & maintenance.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Experience in commercial and residential installation & maintenance of voice and data cabling systems.
- Experience coordinating workforce training workshops and curriculum, and/or conduct workshops and training sessions.
- Experience coordinating externships and conduct employer site visits.
- OSHA construction certification.
- Cat5, Cat5e, Cat 6 certifications.
The Alamo Colleges is an equal opportunity employer committed to student success and achieving excellence in every aspect of our colleges through diversity, including employment. We seek applications from all qualified persons who share this goal, to include minorities, women, persons with disabilities and members of other protected groups. Applicants selected for employment may be required to undergo a pre-employment criminal history background check and possibly a pre-employment drug test.
© Copyright 2020 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.