premier urban institution of higher education and center of excellence for the preparation of students and the development of leaders for
tomorrow’s world. To realize this vision, the University seeks student-driven adjunct faculty.
We are currently looking
for adjuncts in these specific disciplines, but all are welcome to apply. Please include the class and/or discipline you are applying for.
- Computer Science
- Criminal Justice
- English 101
- History (African
Essential duties and responsibilities include and are not limited to the
- Teach assigned classes under the supervision of the Dean and/or Department Chair
- Support students in
fulfilling their maximum potential while mastering course content
- Assess student learning outcomes using appropriate rubrics,
metrics, and tools
- Maintain currency with the knowledge and expertise in one’s teaching field
- Engage in regular
- Utilize current technology in the performance of job duties
- Maintain standards of professional
conduct and ethics appropriate to the professional position
- Assist with articulation and curriculum development and
- Assume other responsibilities as assigned by the Dean or respective Department Chair
- Fulfill other duties and
responsibilities of an adjunct faculty member as outlined in the Faculty Handbook
- Master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution is required; a Ph.D. (or equivalent) is preferred
copies of college transcripts must be on file by the appointment date for the successful candidate recommended for hire
experience, service and record of scholarly activity appropriate to the rank is desirable
- Strong communication and interpersonal
- Strong organizational, computer and problem-solving skills
Salary: Commensurate with education and professional
How to Apply:
Applications should include  a resume  a cover letter, and  a
list of three (3) professional references. Complete applications should be emailed to Resumes@vuu.edu as a single PDF file. Adjunct instructors are classified as part-time. The vacancy pool will remain open
and applicants will be contacted as the need for an adjunct instructor arises. Please call (804) 257-5841 with any questions.
The selected applicant may be required to submit to a background investigation. VUU is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider
qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity,
protected veteran status or other protected class.
For more information about Virginia Union University, visit https://www.vuu.edu/about-vuu
© Copyright 2020 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.